Dilip Gurung is born in Hong Kong to Nepalese parents during his father’s service in the Gurkha Regiment in the British Army.
He joined the Gurkha Regiment in the British Army in 1983 and retired in 2003 having been in action in East Timor (Indonesia) in 1999. Also served in various countries such as the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, United States of America, New Zealand, Fiji, South Korea, Former Yugoslavia, Canada, Belize, and Canada.
He is the Presidents of the following organizations:
- President of Sahara UK: 2014 – 2016
- President of Kolma Bahakot Samaj UK: 2015 – 2017
He has been honored by the following awards received from the following organizations:
- Sahara UK – 2009 in the UK
- Sahara Club Pokhara – 2009 in Nepal
- Nepal National and International Players Association – 2013 in Nepal.
- Three Star Football Club – 2015 in Nepal.
- Nepalbritain.com (Media Personality of the Year) – 2016 in the UK.
- Honorary Member of Sahara Club Pokhara – 2017 in Nepal.
- Tamu Samaj UK – 2018 in the UK
- Greater Rushmoor Nepalese Community – 2018 in the UK.
- Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) – 2020 (Queen’s Birthday honors list) in the UK.
Dilip Gurung Coordinated and raised funds towards the following projects:
- Wireless Internet Connection in Kolma Higher Secondary School in Kolma, Syangja, Nepal.
- Sahara Academy for underprivileged children in Pokhara, Nepal.
- Madkina Bhanjyang Cultural Museum in Syangja, Nepal.
- Mayor’s charities in Rushmoor and Blackpool Borough Council in the UK.
- Donna’s Dream House, Trinity House, Brian Holmes, and Blackpool Polar Bear in Blackpool, UK
- Earthquake destroyed schools in Gorkha and Sindhupalchok, Nepal.
- Futsal (5-A- Side football) competition in Madkina Bhanjyang, Syangja, Nepal.
- Primary Health Care in Madkina Bhanjyang, Syangja, Nepal.
He is also the Managing Director of The Gurkha Hotel, Restaurant, and Bar in Blackpool Madkina Bhanjyang Cultura Museum in Syangja, Nepal